Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blog Reflections (Practical 1/2)

If i have 500 to spend freely, i will spent on the below items.



Avast anti-virus professional edition
Having used AVG and Avast anti virus since i got my own comp 9 years ago from a p3 comp to my current dual core comp, i must say: I've seen what AVG and Avast can do. Although i don't particularly take note of how they perform i do know on some occasion when AVG does not detects a virus but Avast will. I am willing to spend some money on the professional version of Avast anti virus for even more secure protection. Although with some computing knowledge and common sense, we can avoid almost 99% of the virus out there but there is always this 1% that will get through.


Hand Crafted CSS
Being a wannabe web designer and developer, I have a considerable knowledge of CSS. I know about the bugs , quirks in ie6, i know how to avoid or even fix it. Coding layout from scratch is just like a walk in the park. However there is never ending to learning, no matter how much i think i know, there will always be something that i don't, which is till now i just cannot understand css specificity, css footer at bottom regardless of the content. I love reading, now i can read and learn something which interest me.


Wacom Bamboo
I enjoy drawing things i like, E.G. Mushrooms. Don't ask me why but i just know i do and the cheapest wacom drawing tablet is this wacom bamboo series.









Learning PHP 5
If you don't know yet, i'm studying in Engineering school (Diploma in Info-communications) The only web scripting language i'll touch on is asp.net, with the emerging popularity of open source products, no wonder that php is becoming a direct competitor of Microsoft's ASP.NET. It is free, most SME uses and even some MNCs. To further sell myself in the already very highly competitive industry, Learning PHP will bring me nearer to my goal of becoming a web developer.




Microsoft Office 2007 Professional
Why MS Office ? There are Open Office out there which is free and compatible with microsoft office so why should i pay to get something which works like the free one?

Microsoft allow me to work faster. The last time i used open office, at least it still doesn't have nice templates lke powerpoint 2007.



TOTAL: $419.09

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. Be Polite :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home